Roofs Protect You. Make Sure You Protect It.
Roofs are critical in keeping your family safe and your belongings dry. Because roofs are essential, it’s important to stay up-to-date with required maintenance and roof repairs. Unfortunately, most owners don’t know there’s a problem with their roof until they’re seeing indicators of advanced roof damage. Things like mold and mildew, peeling paint, or water stains are signs that a roof leak has been going on for some time.
Having your roof inspected at least once a year is the best way to keep your roof leak-free and in good repair all year long. It’s also important to get a roof inspection if your area has recently experienced inclement weather, including hail and strong winds. In Seminole, TX, roof inspections are a call away at 432-955-5335. Our roofing experts can help you catch and address roofing problems before they escalate. Be proactive about your roof, and schedule your appointment today.
What do roofers look for during an inspection?
Standards set forth by the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors and the National Roofing Contractors Association state what things roofers should look for during a roof inspection. Roof inspections generally include checking the following:
- Gutters. Gutters are an important part of your roofing system. They catch water draining off the roof and direct it away from your property. However, if parts of your gutters are damaged or missing, your roof is vulnerable to leaks and moisture issues.
- Vents. Roof vents allow air flow. Without them, moisture would accumulate in the attic and cause mold and mildew issues.
- Flashing. Flashing is a thin piece of metal installed around roof protrusions. Flashing seals and waterproofs areas where there is a discontinuity in roofing material.
- Roof protrusions. Chimneys, vents, skylights, and other roof installations can leak if improperly sealed.
- Roof covering materials. Roofs come in a variety of materials — asphalt, metal, tile, slate, and synthetic compositions, too. When a roofer inspects your home’s covering, they’ll check to ensure that your roof isn’t cracked, curling, or otherwise damaged.
Insurance Claims Help in Seminole, TX
It’s important to schedule a roof inspection soon if your area has recently experienced inclement weather. The slew of problems that storms and other roofing emergencies can bring are vast. Fortunately, your insurance likely covers these types of repairs or roof replacements. After a roofing emergency, reach out to your insurance company first and then connect with a local licensed roofer. In Seminole, Schmitt Roofing and Construction, Schmitt Roofing and Construction offers annual roof inspections and emergency roof inspections as well. Our team has decades of experience in the industry and can help you file your roof insurance claim and ensure you receive all the benefits to which you’re entitled. Call 432-955-5335 to schedule your roof inspection.